Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WIFI

Puddles
Follower

WIFI

Im building a new home and it is 4000 square feet. Im debating between the three pack Orbi system or the nighthawk pro gaming XRM570. My houase will have several smart switchs and smart devices. we strem movies a lot sometimes in mulitple locations. I will be running a lorex based security video sytem. and we have potetnil of gaming in the future. So im in a place of buy gaming or buy for overall perfrpomance across the board. When i look into the XRM570 it comes with a mesh port but im unsure if you can add to it. Please help me with this. Also after reading on here i have learned that the orbi dosent daisy chain. SO my question is as long as the router is essential in the middle you can connect severl orbis around it is this correct ? I tried asking netgear butt hey where not much help.  Thank You all for your time. 

Message 1 of 3
Jetdrive
Luminary

Re: WIFI

That would a queston no one can answer definitely. It's not just the square feet that determines what type system you need. Location of heating ducts, composition of your walls, shape of your house, and interference from neighbors all play a part in determining what you need. I would buy a system with a good return policy and try it out. If it doesn't work to your specifications, try another. 

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: WIFI

@Puddles wrote:

When i look into the XRM570 it comes with a mesh port but im unsure if you can add to it.

People on this forum have Orbi's.  To get opinions on the "XR" series, it's probably more effective to post on that forum.  It may be:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/bd-p/en-home-nighthawk-pro-gaming-rout... 

@Puddles wrote:

Also after reading on here i have learned that the orbi dosent daisy chain. SO my question is as long as the router is essential in the middle you can connect severl orbis around it is this correct ?

This is not correct.  Orbi certainly does "Daisy Chain".  It is almost always more efficient to place the router in the "center" of the building, but that is often not practical.  There are "how do" articles showing that Daisy Chain can be set up using both WiFi and ethernet.

I echo the previous opinion.  Purchase from someplace that has a "no questions asked" return policy.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7