Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Wall plug satellite shows 'config sync' for backhaul status. What's that?

talex101
Initiate

Wall plug satellite shows 'config sync' for backhaul status. What's that?

on the orbi status page one satellite says 'good' under backhaul status but my plugin satellite says 'config sync.' Does that mean it's connected but not very well or what? I have to say that I'm sick to death of fighting with this expensive system to get it to work properly. It's not nearly as plug-and-play as advertised.  

Model: RBW30| Orbi Wall Plug Satellite
Message 1 of 11
loomis1975
Luminary

I first saw that with random satellites after rebooting the router, following upgrade to .18 firmware.  In my case that status "config sync" for the random satellite goes away after a few hours, after rebooting the satellite.  I think you don't really need to reboot the satellite, but I was just trying to cover any synching problems between the two.

Message 2 of 11
mgarrucho
Tutor

I have the same question. I added a new satellite and when I checked the satellite status it say "config sync?" The other satellite (old) say it's "good."

Model: RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 3 of 11
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Config sync is just the satellite getting connection have you tried to power cycle the unit and see if it goes away?

DarrenM

Message 4 of 11
mgarrucho
Tutor

Hi DarrenM, yes. I powered it off then back on and it did went away. Now it's all good. Thanks.

Message 5 of 11
talex101
Initiate

Yep, power-cycled it numerous time, same deal.

Message 6 of 11
TactSeven
Aspirant

wrote:

Config sync is just the satellite getting connection have you tried to power cycle the unit and see if it goes away?

DarrenM

Thank you DarrenM!  Waiting a hours (heck it was days) did not help.  Power off, PowerOn.  Good.

Model: RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 7 of 11
dmw15
Tutor

Ever since upgrading to firmware .18 this same things happens to me alot now. I, like many others are getting pretty sick of this happening especially since this expensive system is more problematic than my older and cheaper ASUS router.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 8 of 11
grecni
Initiate

My RBR40 was at firmware V2.1.2.18, my wall plug satellite at V2.1.2.2 and I was having the same problem with the satellite staying at "config sync". I downgraded the router firmware to 2.0.0.56 and the problem went away.

Message 9 of 11
Syebrexsr
Aspirant

Same issue, back-haul says config sync. My Satalights (2 of them) are connected to Ethernet .
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 10 of 11
soreneck
Tutor

I just updated the orbi via the Orbi iOS app to 2.1.4.10. However it only updated the router. I got the Config Sync. I had to manually update the Satellite via browser login and now it's back to Good!

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7