Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Web interface shows inactive device as active- App also shows inactive devices

GKACK
Tutor

Web interface shows inactive device as active- App also shows inactive devices

A few months ago, what appears to be a Bose 1 SoundTouch was connected to our Orbi system by a houseguest.  That device is no longer in the home yet this device still shows on the Attached Devices list on the web interface and in the app.  I blocked it and confirmed there was no impact to any of my known devices.  When I unblock it the device reconnects.  

Also, in the Orbi App, there are devices showing as active (green dot) that I know for certain have not been in the home for several weeks.  These devices (iphone and macbook) do not show on the web interface.

Firmware is up to date, I've rebooted several times.  Any help would be appreciated.  

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Web interface shows inactive device as active- App also shows inactive devices

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

Message 2 of 6
GKACK
Tutor

I have not done a factory reset but I did delete and reinstall the phone app.  Would a factory reset retain the firmware or does that get reinstalled?  Would I be able to save my configuration and easily get the system back up and running or would that defeat the purpose? 

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

It retains.

Try either loading from saved back up and see after the reset and see if problem continues. If it does, you'll need to try a reset with out the back up config file.

Message 4 of 6
GKACK
Tutor

Thanks! Will try this when I am back at the house in person next week.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7