Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Website Created through Hostinger getting Blocked by Orbi RBK50

orbikrush
Aspirant

Website Created through Hostinger getting Blocked by Orbi RBK50

I recently created a website through Host provider Hostinger. I can access the website fine, except when connected to my home WIFI.  A coworker had the same access issues and we both confirmed we both have Orbi Routers.  

I don't have Netgear Armor installed and most of my settings are pretty generic.

I attempted to allow all HTTPS per another thread, but that did not work.  Any other suggestions?  

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Website Created through Hostinger getting Blocked by Orbi RBK50

Would it be possible to make a screen shot of the web browser message that describes the failure to connect?

Sometimes it is helpful to confirm that the router is able to resolve the website URL into an IP address.

Many web sites respond to the Internet Message Control Protocol (ICMP, often known as 'ping').

A command window on the computer (Windows? Mac? Linux?) should be able to resolve the URL into IP.  i.e.

ping URL      (for example, ping ford.com)

The key is not that the web site responds to ping, but that the URL gets translated into an IP address.

The default configuration for Netgear routers is for the router to use the DNS server specified by the Internet Service Provider (ISP).  It is a pretty common practice to manually set DNS servers to a couple of the largest ones, such as:

1.1.1.1 (Cloudflare) and 8.8.8.8 (Google).

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

Would it be possible to make a screen shot of the web browser message that describes the failure to connect?

Sometimes it is helpful to confirm that the router is able to resolve the website URL into an IP address.

Many web sites respond to the Internet Message Control Protocol (ICMP, often known as 'ping').

A command window on the computer (Windows? Mac? Linux?) should be able to resolve the URL into IP.  i.e.

ping URL      (for example, ping ford.com)

The key is not that the web site responds to ping, but that the URL gets translated into an IP address.

The default configuration for Netgear routers is for the router to use the DNS server specified by the Internet Service Provider (ISP).  It is a pretty common practice to manually set DNS servers to a couple of the largest ones, such as:

1.1.1.1 (Cloudflare) and 8.8.8.8 (Google).

Message 2 of 6
orbikrush
Aspirant

Domain "www.domainname.com" not found or not active

Receive this error. Changed name of domain but you get the idea
Message 3 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

Thanks.  That points toward a DNS issue. Can you try using those two DNS servers?

Message 4 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

p.s. Another common diagnostic technique is to set the user computer to use specific DNS servers, rather than the router.

Most computers have an option to specify whether to use the DNS provided by the network or some others.  Windows, for example, has this in the network adapter setup:

CrimpOn_0-1678225503772.png

In this example, the Windows computer was told to use the Orbi router (192.168.1.1) which is what the Orbi router would have provided if "Obtain DNS server address automaticlly" was selected.  (I fool with these settings all the time.)

Message 5 of 6
orbikrush
Aspirant

Thanks for all the info.  Setting the DNS servers manually did the trick.  Appreciate the help!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7