Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

What are the current firmware versions for various Orbi models?

DorkiOrbiFW
Apprentice

What are the current firmware versions for various Orbi models?

Hello everyone,

I am the person who always seeks out to find the latest firmware from Netgear in hopes that they fix all kinds of performance issues (that still to this day affect my system despite the issues getting progressively better). I am writing into the community as Netgear lately has been all over the place with firmware updates and lately I have found that their product's support page doesn't even match the current version as I found the current version on another page. It is really angering me that they can't even post the current firmware in the designated "Current Version" section of each product's page even after I told them to make the change numerous times. 

Thus, I wanted to write what I am running and want to know if my version (if you know) are indeed the latest ones.

My system (numbers in front of product name resemble the quantity of units in my Orbi system):

• (1) RBR40 - Running Version 2.3.1.44
  • (2) RBS40 - Running Version 2.3.1.44
  • (1) RBW30 - Running Version 2.3.0.4
  • (1) RBS50Y Orbi Outdoor - Running Version 2.3.0.28

I am really getting tired of Netgear releasing a bunch of firmware updates back-to-back and not be definitvely clear on what is current. RBS50Y reports that version 2.3.0.28 is the current version, yet the site says 2.2.1.204. WHAT THE HELL IS IT THEN NETGEAR?!

If anyone could confirm with me that my system is right, it would put my mind at ease. Smiley Happy

Thank you,

Model: RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite, RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite, RBW30|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: What are the current firmware versions for various Orbi models?

Yes you have the current versions for you devices. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: What are the current firmware versions for various Orbi models?

Yes you have the current versions for you devices. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7