Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

What is the maximum number of Netgear Orbi Satellites that can be supported by Netgear Orbi Router?

bugmenot2
Apprentice

What is the maximum number of Netgear Orbi Satellites that can be supported by Netgear Orbi Router?

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions

Re: What is the maximum number of Netgear Orbi Satellites that can be supported by Netgear Orbi Rout

atm it will be a maximum of 4 i believe , but all must connect back to the router only via their dedicated 5 gig backbone , so unless you have the orbi router in the middle of a massivly large single story home and a sat at each outside corned your not going to achieve much , the orbi system currently runs in star topology

the orbi system is said to be getting mesh type capability and then you could expand further away from the router ( with incurred losses ) but i think that will be a sacrifice you will have to make

pete

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies

Re: What is the maximum number of Netgear Orbi Satellites that can be supported by Netgear Orbi Rout

atm it will be a maximum of 4 i believe , but all must connect back to the router only via their dedicated 5 gig backbone , so unless you have the orbi router in the middle of a massivly large single story home and a sat at each outside corned your not going to achieve much , the orbi system currently runs in star topology

the orbi system is said to be getting mesh type capability and then you could expand further away from the router ( with incurred losses ) but i think that will be a sacrifice you will have to make

pete

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7