Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

What is the router in the Orbi RBK50 vs RBK50V systems

HHS9
Follower

What is the router in the Orbi RBK50 vs RBK50V systems

I'm looking to buy Orbi system.  On the website, the RBK50 system shows it contains router RBR50v2.  The RBK50V (voice activated) shows it contains router RBR50 (ie no version indicated).  Therefore is the RBK50V system using an older router version ?  Can anyone advise as that makes no sense to me.

Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: What is the router in the Orbi RBK50 vs RBK50V systems

The product Data Sheet shows that the router is the RBR50 and the satellite is the RBS40V (which might stand for "Voice")

https://www.netgear.com/images/datasheet/orbi/RBK50V_DS.pdf

If it were me, I would probably add an Alexa capable speaker which connects over WiFi to the Orbi and can be located wherever is most convenient.  (Actually, I have no "smart speakers" at all, so that's no true.)

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: What is the router in the Orbi RBK50 vs RBK50V systems

Might ask a forum moderator for the specifics...

@Blanca_O 

@HHS9 wrote:

I'm looking to buy Orbi system.  On the website, the RBK50 system shows it contains router RBR50v2.  The RBK50V (voice activated) shows it contains router RBR50 (ie no version indicated).  Therefore is the RBK50V system using an older router version ?  Can anyone advise as that makes no sense to me.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7