Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

White light?

ArtLee
Apprentice

White light?

I woke up at 3am with my Orbi router light in white. Not the first time. This on a system that (I thought) has been stable. When I got up, all was ok.  No hint in the router log. Nothing in my modem log. So, what does it mean? 

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 5
madbrain
Luminary

Re: White light?

It likely updated its firmware during that time and rebooted.

Orbi has woken me up before too. It's completely unacceptable.

Firmware updates should not be automatic, and should have a scheduled time if accepted.

Message 2 of 5
ArtLee
Apprentice

@madbrain wrote:

It likely updated its firmware during that time and rebooted.

Orbi has woken me up before too. It's completely unacceptable.

Firmware updates should not be automatic, and should have a scheduled time if accepted.

Except it hadn't updated the firmware. no change there. I'm on 1.12

Message 3 of 5
cyberprashant
Luminary

i went into a room where the satellite is too and sometimes i catch with white light.  Orbi apps show both satellites connected (costco pack) and everything is working normally.  Not sure if it just touches base (pun intended) every so often or what.   @DarrenM There should be a way to switch off the lights for the satellite in the options.  

Message 4 of 5
ArtLee
Apprentice

@cyberprashant wrote:

i went into a room where the satellite is too and sometimes i catch with white light.  Orbi apps show both satellites connected (costco pack) and everything is working normally.  Not sure if it just touches base (pun intended) every so often or what.   @DarrenM There should be a way to switch off the lights for the satellite in the options.  

It's fine as long as the light is off. But, when it pops on, it wakes me up. Unless it's turning on the white light every night or several times a night and I only see it once or twice a week. Who knows. No records are kept in the log.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7