Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Why are two allowed devices being blocked when I check "Block all new devices from connecting"

dklimas
Apprentice

Why are two allowed devices being blocked when I check "Block all new devices from connecting"

There are two devices in my Connected Devices list that show "Allowed". But when I go to Access Control and check "Block all new devices from connecting" these two devices are suddenly blocked and not accessable. Even after editing them with the "Allow" pull down they are still showing as blocked. If I change "Block all new devices from connecting" back to "Allow all new devices to connect" they show as allowed again. I had this issue it seems right after adding new devices, but the others that I had issues with are no longer a problem. I'm not really sure what I did to fix the other devices.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Why are two allowed devices being blocked when I check "Block all new devices from connecti

Have you set up a IP address reservation for each devices your controlling before you set up Access Control? 

Message 2 of 5
dklimas
Apprentice

Re: Why are two allowed devices being blocked when I check "Block all new devices from connecti

I have, yes.
Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 4 of 5
ekhalil
Master

@dklimas wrote:

There are two devices in my Connected Devices list that show "Allowed". But when I go to Access Control and check "Block all new devices from connecting" these two devices are suddenly blocked and not accessable. Even after editing them with the "Allow" pull down they are still showing as blocked. If I change "Block all new devices from connecting" back to "Allow all new devices to connect" they show as allowed again. I had this issue it seems right after adding new devices, but the others that I had issues with are no longer a problem. I'm not really sure what I did to fix the other devices.

Access Control does not properly work in 2.2.1.210. Please test with the latest software 2.3.0.32. Access Control seems to be much more consistently in this software.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7