Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wifi Channel change

dazza33
Follower

Wifi Channel change

I have just bought an orbi32 wifi router and after setup I have used wifi analyzer app and the router is set to channel 4. This is the worst in quality channel in my home. How can I change the channel to say 8 or 10 etc. As these are the strongest signels.

Many thanks for any help

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Wifi Channel change

@dazza33 wrote:

I have just bought an orbi32 wifi router and after setup I have used wifi analyzer app and the router is set to channel 4. This is the worst in quality channel in my home. How can I change the channel to say 8 or 10 etc. As these are the strongest signels.

Many thanks for any help

You can find what you're looking for in the router config area.  Login to you router.

Not sure what you mean about channel 4 and how you determined that channel 8 & 10 are stronger.  wifi analyzer reads your router as well as others around you.  Your best bet is to set it to AUTO Channel.  Your neighbors are trying to figure out the same thing.  Auto will switch channels as needed.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Wifi Channel change

Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz. The are main primary channels to use. Other channels are sub channels used by the wifi system. 

@dazza33 wrote:

Many thanks for any help

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7