Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Will Not Factory Reset

RegDawg
Apprentice

Will Not Factory Reset

All of a sudden today my Orbi router stopped working. After searching it looks like a firmware was inadvertantly released? Well now I can't reset the main router. Sticking a pin in the reset button for 20+ seconds does nothing. Also just unplugging and plugging it back in does nothing. I don't know what else to do. 

Purchased this back in Nov 2017. Can someone help?

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Can you access the UI, you can do a factory reset in the routers web page. "Erase" Found under Advanced/Advanced Settings/Backup.

What FW version is loaded on the router?

Message 2 of 9
RegDawg
Apprentice

How can I access the UI if I can't connect to its wifi? Hard connection? Right now it doesn't even look like its booting up. The green light on the back is green but not even the LED's blink if I try turn it on/off. 

Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Connect ethernet wired PC to the back of the router and see if you can log into 192.168.1.1.

Check the PCs networking settings to see if it's getting an IP address from the router.

Are you sure your feeling the back button push in? Should be a quick bump when you push it in then bump when you let go.

Message 4 of 9
RegDawg
Apprentice

Unfortunately its not getting an IP. Doesn't even feel like its powered on even though the green light is on on the back. Like I said, prior, I would unplug the power and plug it back in and the LED ring would flash. Now it won't even do that. 

So I'm probably SOL? 

Right now had to plug in an older router (R6300V2) to use for the meantime. This router doesn't give me full coverage in my home. 

Message 5 of 9
RegDawg
Apprentice

Okay...i don't know how but I got the LED to start flashing white. What should I do now?

Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Will the PC get an IP address now? It should.

See if your mobile app sees the routers wifi at all...

Message 7 of 9
RegDawg
Apprentice

Even when I got the LED to flash white, it was not broadcasting its wifi and hooking it up to my pc via cable was not providing an IP address. At that point I pulled the plug and plugged it back in and again the LED was no longer flashing again however the green light was on. Attempting to reset it with the PIN (holding it in for 20+ seconds) did nothing. 

Anything else I can try? 

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

If your not getting any wifi SSIDs or IP addresses on ethernet with a PC, I recommend you get in contact with NG support. Something has happended to your router and needs to be reviewed. Ask for a RMA if needed.

Let us know how it goes.

@RegDawgwrote:

Even when I got the LED to flash white, it was not broadcasting its wifi and hooking it up to my pc via cable was not providing an IP address. At that point I pulled the plug and plugged it back in and again the LED was no longer flashing again however the green light was on. Attempting to reset it with the PIN (holding it in for 20+ seconds) did nothing. 

Anything else I can try? 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7