Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Will any Orbi satellite work with my RBR50 router?

cw12
Aspirant

Will any Orbi satellite work with my RBR50 router?

I have the Orbi RBR50 router and one RBS50 satellite - the Orbi AC3000 pack (RBK50).

Now I need to extend the wifi network. Will any Orbi satellite work? Or does it has to be the RBS50?

If any Orbi satellite will work, which one do you recommend?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Will any Orbi satellite work with my RBR50 router?

Yes, 50 series carries a 1733Mpbs wireless backhaul support while all others carry a 866Mbps wireless backhauls speed. 

I don't believe so, the SRR series is the pro business verson of orbi. I don't believe they are compatible. I would not mix them even if they were. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes. I would recommend keeping with the 50 series RBS to maintain the same backhaul speeds across the the system. Other 20 and 40 series RBS use lower wireless back haul speeds. 1733Mpbs vs 866Mpbs.

Message 2 of 4
cw12
Aspirant

Thanks! So all of them will work, but the RBS50 will perform better?

And what about the Orbi Pro SRS60 Satellite? Will this work too? I guess it has the same speed as the RBS50, right?

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes, 50 series carries a 1733Mpbs wireless backhaul support while all others carry a 866Mbps wireless backhauls speed. 

I don't believe so, the SRR series is the pro business verson of orbi. I don't believe they are compatible. I would not mix them even if they were. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7