Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

X Box Live Connect Issues with Orbi Router

PirateMikey
Tutor

X Box Live Connect Issues with Orbi Router

Having issues with my X Box One S connecting to X Box Live.  All services are up and running; XB network settings showed connected to Internet, but cannot connect to XB Live Service.  Per Microsoft, the port I need is 3074 plus the following:

Ports required to use Xbox Live

These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work:

• Port 88 (UDP)
  • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 80 (TCP)
  • Port 500 (UDP)
  • Port 3544 (UDP)
  • Port 4500 (UDP)

I cannot find which ports are open on the Orbi router, so I cannot tell if they are open or not.  Further, I have assigned static IPs to both the wired and wireless MAC addresses; so should I port-forward these ports?  (When I tried setting up 3074 was told it was used by other services)  This issue occurs both wired and wireless on the XB.

Any help, greatly appreciated.

Mike Miller - aka PirateMikey

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: X Box Live Connect Issues with Orbi Router

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

How many game consoles do you have? Just the one?

uPnP is all thats needed to gain access to all of XBL services.

How is the xbox connected to the Orbi?: Wired or wireless?

Set a IP address reservation for the xbox ON the router.

Hard Power OFF the xbox console then power it back on. Hold the power button until it turns off.

Message 2 of 9
PirateMikey
Tutor

What FW is currently loaded?  V2.2.1.210

Arris TM1602 (Spectrum)

How many game consoles do you have? Just the one?

Two; XB One S and PS4 (haven't tested PS4; room mate doesn't use it much)

uPnP is all thats needed to gain access to all of XBL services.

How is the xbox connected to the Orbi?: Wired or wireless?

currently wired; however issue also occured on wireless

Set a IP address reservation for the xbox ON the router.

Done - one for each MAC address.

Message 3 of 9
PirateMikey
Tutor

BRILLIANT!  It's in!  Thanks so much.  This product is so nice and the user community is the best.  

Thanks, again!

PirateMikey

Message 4 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

I would hold in the power button until it turns off. Then do a full reboot of the ISP modem and Orbi router. After it's all back to ready, power ON the xbox and check IP address and NAT status. IT should be OPEN in network settings an in a game.

Message 5 of 9
Happymanpan
Aspirant

I’m confused I just purchased the orbi and orbi satellite but I can’t connect to xbox live and have the same problem you did and not sure what to do
Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too? Built in router by chance? If so,

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem leaving it in router mode and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

How is the xbox connected? Wired or wireless?

After the Orbi system is setup, power ON the xbox console. Hold the power button until the console shuts off. This resets the networking on the console. Powre it on. 

@Happymanpan wrote:
I’m confused I just purchased the orbi and orbi satellite but I can’t connect to xbox live and have the same problem you did and not sure what to do

Message 7 of 9
twicken
Aspirant

I was having issues with Xbox live as well as streaming Netflix and Amazon Prime through the Xbox one.  Disabling Port Scan and DoS protection fixed the issue for me.  Log into the router settings through http://www.routerlogin.net, then access Advanced->Setup->WAN Setup and check the box for "Disable Port Scan and DoS Protection".

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

@twicken wrote:

I was having issues with Xbox live as well as streaming Netflix and Amazon Prime through the Xbox one.  Disabling Port Scan and DoS protection fixed the issue for me.  Log into the router settings through http://www.routerlogin.net, then access Advanced->Setup->WAN Setup and check the box for "Disable Port Scan and DoS Protection".

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7