Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: You are currently logged in from another device. There can be only one device logged in at a ...

realien
Tutor

You are currently logged in from another device. There can be only one device logged in at a time. I

I am on a mac book pro. I am using an Orbi RBK50 (I have two satellites too).

I keep getting this message when logging into the web-based admin interface.  Sometimes I can get to a menu (e.g., speed test) before I get the message. Sometimes I get it immediately.

I have rebooted the ORBI and the mac, deleted cookies, tried different browsers, etc... but to no avail.  Firmware updates have not changed anything (it's on the latest - V2.7.4.24)

I am not logged in on any other device.  I did some searches, and once a person had an issue with the windows control panel (I don't run windows) , I occasionally use the ORBI iOS app but am not using it when I get this error.

its very frustrating as I can't really change any settings, I get this error, click in "yes" and it forces me to log back in and start over.

You are currently logged in from another device. There can be only one device logged in at a time. If you log in from this device, the other device will be logged out. Do you want to proceed?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: You are currently logged in from another device. There can be only one device logged in at a tim

Yes, the Orbi web server allows connection from only one IP address. When it detects a connection attempt from a different IP address, this warning pops up.  There can be simultaneous connections from different browsers as long as they are on the same computer.  (I just did it as a test.)

How is this Mac connected to the router (wired or WiFi)?

(Recent software updates created all sorts of confusion when the default became to randomize the MAC address when connecting to WiFi rather than use the actual hardware MAC address.)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: You are currently logged in from another device. There can be only one device logged in at a tim

Yes, the Orbi web server allows connection from only one IP address. When it detects a connection attempt from a different IP address, this warning pops up.  There can be simultaneous connections from different browsers as long as they are on the same computer.  (I just did it as a test.)

How is this Mac connected to the router (wired or WiFi)?

(Recent software updates created all sorts of confusion when the default became to randomize the MAC address when connecting to WiFi rather than use the actual hardware MAC address.)

Message 2 of 4
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: You are currently logged in from another device. There can be only one device logged in at a ...

Hello Realien,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

I understand that you are having issues login into Orbilogin.com on your macOS. This can be because of one of the security features of macOS devices. Please try turning off your "Private address" and then access your Orbi admin page. 

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 3 of 4
realien
Tutor

So I think you led me to the solution.  My mac is using both ethernet hardware and wifi, the service order is set to use hardwire first.  However, it looks like the mac can jump between the two, since the performance is quite close (maybe a 100 Mbit difference at 900 Mbit)...

I disabled the wifi and connected to the web admin interface on hardwire ethernet only and have not had the issue since.

thank you.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7