Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: after update of firmware

wisetulip
Tutor

after update of firmware

I updated my firmware on Orbi RBR20 since i am unable to see both icons for router and sattelite on iphone app.  i just see text " Satelite 1" and the modem with waves around it.  the update was done on February 8.  i am not certain if my satellite is working, and if it is the reason I am no longer able to view both icons showing they are connected.  the main and the satellite icones- and only see one now. thank you

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Have you powered OFF the ISP Modem and RBR for 30 seconds then back on with the modem first, then the RBR? 

How was the system updated? Orbi app or thru the RBRs web page?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Have you powered OFF the ISP Modem and RBR for 30 seconds then back on with the modem first, then the RBR? 

How was the system updated? Orbi app or thru the RBRs web page?

Message 2 of 10
vajim
Master

@wisetulip wrote:

I updated my firmware on Orbi RBR20 since i am unable to see both icons for router and sattelite on iphone app.  i just see text " Satelite 1" and the modem with waves around it.  the update was done on February 8.  i am not certain if my satellite is working, and if it is the reason I am no longer able to view both icons showing they are connected.  the main and the satellite icones- and only see one now. thank you

Revert back or spend hours answering questions 

Message 3 of 10
wisetulip
Tutor

Your solution worked thank you very much

Message 4 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to make a backup configuration to file on the RBR for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 10
vajim
Master

@wisetulip wrote:

Your solution worked thank you very much

Keep an eye on it

good luck 

Message 6 of 10
wisetulip
Tutor

"Be sure to make a backup configuration to file on the RBR for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed."

how do I perform above on iphone app? i can only access/view my account on iphone app. 

the login.net only brings up the netgear website now.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 7 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

You'll need a PC or laptop to connect to the RBR to perform a back up. If you can connect a PC or laptop, you'll find the Backup feature under Advanced Tab/Administration using a web broswer.

@wisetulip wrote:

"Be sure to make a backup configuration to file on the RBR for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed."

how do I perform above on iphone app? i can only access/view my account on iphone app. 

Message 8 of 10
vajim
Master

@FURRYe38 wrote:

You'll need a PC or laptop to connect to the RBR to perform a back up. If you can connect a PC or laptop, you'll find the Backup feature under Advanced Tab/Administration using a web broswer.

@wisetulip wrote:

Keep an eye on it

good luck 

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7