Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: cannot connect to orbilogin .com

norm4701
Initiate

cannot connect to orbilogin .com

I have set up my ORBI router in Access Point mode, connected to my existing  Fios router. I have one satellite and they appear to be working great. But since setting it to Access Point mode, I can no longer connect to orbilogin.com from any of my computers. I get the following messsage.

You are not connected to your Orbi's WiFi network. To access orbilogin.com, your device must be connected to your Orbi's WiFi network. Check your current connection and try again.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
jrpitcock
Initiate

I have the same issue... I connect through the Orbi's IP address

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10

All Replies
jrpitcock
Initiate

I have the same issue... I connect through the Orbi's IP address

Message 2 of 10
norm4701
Initiate

Thanks for your help

Message 3 of 10
Stilli
Aspirant

So where is the solution?
Message 4 of 10
st_shaw
Master

@Stilli wrote:
So where is the solution?

The solution is to use http://W.X.Y.Z where W.X.Y.Z is the IP address of Orbi.

Message 5 of 10
Stilli
Aspirant

Thank you for the reply, where do I find this please?
I don't care how much it cost I'm going to smash this thing to bits in a minute.
I've been trying to set this thing up for two days an it's still not working, everything you do on it requires the computer to be connected to the Internet which is the very thing I cannot do. Support is a joke, same problem, called them yesterday by the time I actually got to speak to someone who told me I needed to call another number it had already cost me £6.50, what a joke.
Message 6 of 10
st_shaw
Master

@Stilli wrote:
Thank you for the reply, where do I find this please?
I don't care how much it cost I'm going to smash this thing to bits in a minute.
I've been trying to set this thing up for two days an it's still not working, everything you do on it requires the computer to be connected to the Internet which is the very thing I cannot do. Support is a joke, same problem, called them yesterday by the time I actually got to speak to someone who told me I needed to call another number it had already cost me £6.50, what a joke.

The answer depends on how you are trying to setup Orbi and what equipment you already have in place.  Can you please provide more information?

What equipment is in place now and what are you trying to do with Orbi?

Do you already have a working modem/router?

Are you trying to replace your existing router or use Orbi in AP mode for better WiFi?

How are things connected when you are having trouble? (What is wired to what?)

Message 7 of 10
Stilli
Aspirant

Hi, thanks for the quick response but I've got it sorted at last. It turns out I've got to eat humble pie as it was a hardware problem. The Network card in my desktop PC had crashed and rebooting wasn't making any difference, had to power off for a while and then it reset itself and the connection went through immediately.

Next problem is I cannot get the Frimware Auto update to work, it scans and detects the main router but will not complete scanning the Satellite so I guess i may have to do it manually when I find where to download it from.

Thanks again.

Message 8 of 10
st_shaw
Master

Glad you got it working.

Message 9 of 10
Glenee
Apprentice

Just use the manual update method and be sure to Update the Satellite first, then the router. There are YouTube videos showing how to do this.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7