Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

firmware updgrade for RBK50

rajung
Aspirant

firmware updgrade for RBK50

I noticed there is a newer firmware for the RBR50 and RBS50   2.3.0.32

Currently have 2.2.1.210 installed

Useing the Netgear Genie it says I am up to date, doing some searching I see Genie not supported anymore so I figured I need to use the Orbi App on phone, but it also shows that I am up to date.

Any thoughts? thanks

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: firmware updgrade for RBK50

To get the latest, you need v212 loaded on the RBR first, then manually apply v32. Update the RBS first, then the RBR:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/New-NetGear-Orbi-Firmware-Version-2-3-0-32-now-available/td-p/...

@rajung wrote:

I noticed there is a newer firmware for the RBR50 and RBS50   2.3.0.32

Currently have 2.2.1.210 installed

Useing the Netgear Genie it says I am up to date, doing some searching I see Genie not supported anymore so I figured I need to use the Orbi App on phone, but it also shows that I am up to date.

Any thoughts? thanks

Message 2 of 5
evil_mike
Apprentice

Yeah, manually update if you want it now.  The new firmware hasn't been pushed to the auto-update.  Make sure to upgrade to the interrim firmware (2.2.1.212) before upgrading to 3.2.32. See other threads on here for why and where to get it.

Message 3 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Netgear updates Orbi firmware in stages.  Adventurous users sign up for the "Beta Program", where they get firware releases to test and discover "if they really fixed things."  When Netgear engineers believe it's "ready to go", they put the new firmware on the Download page and users who are eager for fixes can get the files and manually update firmware.  Finally, Netgear schedules Orbi products for automatic update.

(One of the constant discussions on the community forum is that Netgear thinks of Orbi as a "Consumer" product in the sense that most purchasers are not interested in actively managing it.  Other Netgear routers will not update firmware until the user clicks on the web page and tells it to.  The Orbi just "updates itself.")

Right now, Orbi is in the manual update stage.  People who have a specific problem can update the firmware.  They often do a "factory reset" after updating and enter all their configurations again.

If you do nothing, eventually one day your Orbi will magically have the latest firmware.  If you are eager to update now, you can download four sets of firmware (two each for router and satellites), then use the web interface on the Orbi to install the updates.

Message 4 of 5
rajung
Aspirant

Great, thanks for the replies, I currently have no issues with any items so I will leave well enough alone for now.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7