Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

how do i setup Wake on LAN AND WAN WoL

PuRePoison
Aspirant

how do i setup Wake on LAN AND WAN WoL

SO! I'm Struggeling hardcore to Wake on Wan. i have WoL setup no probs bob but i can only access from inside my network. Can anyone help me configure so i can access from outside my network? im trying to configure it to use with the app WoLON on android. or even just using an ip address. its driving me up a WALL i used to have it setup on my old PC and router. but that was... a few grey hairs ago to say the least.

Thank in advance! FYI yes its currently working on LAN wirelessly, no im not using an ethernet cable at this time. Yes my MOBO supports WoL and i have the BIO's configured. I respond quickly.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
ekhalil
Master

Re: how do i setup Wake on LAN AND WAN WoL

@PuRePoison wrote:

.............. i can only access from inside my network. .......

If you can access it from inside the network, then your best option is to use VPN to connect to your network when you're outside and then follow the same procedure you follow when you're inside the network.

Message 2 of 5
PuRePoison
Aspirant

Hmmm, honestly its been a while since ive been at the pc.. i used to be pretty good with this stuff but its all lost on me now. I know what VPN stands for, i forgot what it does and how to use it. There fore without indepth explanation i dont understand how this will help. Thanks for your response and time!
Message 3 of 5
PuRePoison
Aspirant

So! Playing with WoL more... ITS SPOTTY! I tried again this morning and sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. *smacks forehead and hangs head with a deep sigh...* i dont get it..
Message 4 of 5
ekhalil
Master

@PuRePoison wrote:
........ I know what VPN stands for, i forgot what it does and how to use it. ....

VPN is a secure tunnel over internet between a device and Orbi. But establishing such a tunnel you will get a provate IP address from Orbi and you will be able to have access to your home network as if you're connected to home wifi or LAN.

Here is information about how to setup VPN in Orbi, the following link is for iPhones, but there are similar ways to setup Windows computer, and MacOS computers:

https://kb.netgear.com/31489/How-do-I-use-VPN-on-my-Orbi-system-with-my-iOS-device

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7