Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ipV6 disconnecting

RedBatman89
Guide

ipV6 disconnecting

Funny I myself have been dealing with this issue for the Past Year. I have an RBK23 and Xfinity Internet.

Message 1 of 9
RedBatman89
Guide

I have had similar issues myself since 2021. I have an RBK23 and Xfinity too, but instead of every other hour its once a week or every five days. When you updated firmware did you factory reset?  

Message 2 of 9
cdysthe
Virtuoso

@RedBatman89 I have factory reset several times. Doesn't help. I used to have it drop every few hours. Then I upgraded firmware and now it drops every 5-7 days. Improvement, but not how it should work.

Message 3 of 9
cdysthe
Virtuoso

P.S. Speaking of the devil, it just happened again. I have currently not been able to get a new IP even after reboot. And I am NOT going to do another factory reset so I will keep toggling off, disable DHCP until I get an IP for another 5-7 days.

P.P.S:I have noticed though since I've done this weekly for months that if I wait 5 minutes after disabling, auto detect and DHCP I am more likely to get an IP that if I do it in quick succession.

Message 4 of 9
RedBatman89
Guide

Well good to know that factory reset can only do so much I was thinking of doing one myself after an update.
Message 5 of 9
MarkRamos
Aspirant

Having a similar problem. i got my ipv6 randomly disconnect it said internet but when testing it on a website it does not work I have to uncheck the box of ipv6 and check it again and it will work every 5 minutes I got 2 routers any help I'm in windows 10 last update 20h2.

Message 6 of 9
FarmerBob1
Luminary

On my RBR853 I lost IPv6 solidarity when a change was in the FW that made the WAN IPv6 IPA, that told me that I was getting and Address off the WAN, disappear from the second line in the WAN set up area as one shows in the LAN. This was quite a while ago, FW v3.x and we're at v4.6.x, and since it's been hit or miss.

This was during a Beta Test so "the powers that be knew about it" and it's been a newer and growing issues everywhere it can be talked about and is being posted all over. And it seems that it's certain product lines. With my RAXE500 IPv6 has been pretty solid holding on to it.

Soon I hope . . .

Message 7 of 9
cdysthe
Virtuoso

I had my weekly drop yesterday. Did Auto Detect and got 6to4tunnel. Than manually set DHCP and got a new IP. Most times I have to do this a few times but not this time. This is probably Netgear/Xfinity issue across devices. Needs to be fixed!
Message 8 of 9
FarmerBob1
Luminary

Who's your ISP/Service Provider, Internet Service Package and what all hardware you have connected from the Wired/Fiber connection from the wall to your computer?

I'll do some looking and see if I can find some more information for you to get what we can of this worked out. Now keep in mind that IPv6 has been, but is taking on importance, a backseat feature. I have a business type of router system that doesn't support VLANs that I have to have to log into my ISP. But now that more and more people and services are needing this type of options, they are gaining major importance and attention.

Lemme know . . .

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7