Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: is orbi suitable for 3 story building

Q80fahad
Aspirant

is orbi suitable for 3 story building

Hi,
I live in 3 story building. Not from made from wood like most homes in the US. I have Ethernet points in all 3 floors. Each floor is 5380 ft square. Whats my best option?
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
ekhalil
Master

@Q80fahad wrote:
Great but will 5 or 6 satellite node work? I read that Orb only work with 3 ?is there specific configuration or setup I should consider?

Yes, there is no "technical" limit on the number of Satellites. The recommended 3 Satellites limit is just to control the interference between the nodes, so if you will have the Satellites quite far away from each other then you will not need to bother about this limit.

There are people in this forum who reported using more than 9 Satellites with no issues.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes should work well. Depending on buiding materials and size, you may need two satellites instead of 1. 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Message 2 of 6
Q80fahad
Aspirant

My building wall is made if brick and mortar and floors are concrete and steel?
Message 3 of 6
ekhalil
Master

@Q80fahad wrote:
........... I have Ethernet points in all 3 floors. Each floor is 5380 ft square. Whats my best option?

If you can use Ethernet to connect the base stations then please go for that. Wired Backhaul will give you the most stable Backhaul.

With this floor size (5380 sq ft each floor) you will need at least 2 base stations per floor depending on where you have the walls in each floor. I guess that 1 RBR50 Router and 5-6 RBS50 Satellites distributed on the 3 floors will give you quite good coverage.

Message 4 of 6
Q80fahad
Aspirant

Great but will 5 or 6 satellite node work? I read that Orb only work with 3 ?is there specific configuration or setup I should consider?
Message 5 of 6
ekhalil
Master

@Q80fahad wrote:

Yes, there is no "technical" limit on the number of Satellites. The recommended 3 Satellites limit is just to control the interference between the nodes, so if you will have the Satellites quite far away from each other then you will not need to bother about this limit.

There are people in this forum who reported using more than 9 Satellites with no issues.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7