Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: level 2 support

rozzer7777
Initiate

level 2 support

I know there are many posts here with horror stories about tech support... This is NOT one of them.

I had a problem with my RBS50 satellite dropping connection with the router. I had checked some post here and tried a lot of proposed solutions (factory reset, firmware upgrade, firmware downgrade, disabling daisychain, etc.)  Nothing worked, so I decide calling tech support. The person who answser the phone (King Mendiola) was kind, knowledgeable, and went above an beyond. He patiently diagnosed the system (factory reset, firmware re flash, etc,,,) and the system seemed to be stable again, He left the case open just to check for a while. He was right again, the system started dropping connection again. I called back and he again was super kind and trustworthy. He tested the network and the wife channel in the router (he even tested the MTU) and lo and behold! he eventually got the perfect combination for the 2.4 and 5 ghz channels in the router and now everything works!!

So, yes, sometimes tech support is not only a nightmare, but can be what defines a customer's experience. Good job King and NETGEAR.

Thanks

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Glad to hear a positive experience on here! We tend to only see the complaints and it makes us a bit jaded at times. 🙂

@Christian_R 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements