Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

lost wi fi and Orbi50 wont reset

mjgav320
Follower

lost wi fi and Orbi50 wont reset

we have an Orbi 40 with one satellite  for almost a year.  It has worked great great 

This morning when we woke up we had no Home internet and while our computer and devices could find other neighbor wifi  ours is missing.  I tried resetting our Orbi by pressing the reset button while it did reset to amber on the Satellite it does not seem to reset on the router. I have tried  pressing for over 60 seconds but no change to the green power indicator,  I've powered it off and on multiple times but it just comes back to the same white light blinking halo.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: lost wi fi and Orbi50 wont reset

Please look at the top of the Orbi routers LED for a Yellowish/Orange LED. If your holding the back reset button for only 10-15 seconds is needed max, you should see the top LED change to Yellowish/Orange. Then let go. Then the LED should blink WHITE ON and Off quickly for a few seconds, then it should slowly blink White like it's breathing. This inidcates that the router is ready for set up. Connect a wired PC to the back of the router and set up with a browser connected at 192.168.1.1. 

Message 2 of 4
RobertHBJ
Aspirant

Happened to my orbi rbk50 as well couple hours ago, been working ok and lost internet somehow. Ened up with power off both unit for 10 mins, and turn on Host only. Seems like ok so far,  i will turn on Satellite unit later and see how it goes

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Whats the mfr and model# of your ISP modem that the Orbi is connected too? 

ANy other wifi neighbors near by? 

@RobertHBJ wrote:

Happened to my orbi rbk50 as well couple hours ago, been working ok and lost internet somehow. Ened up with power off both unit for 10 mins, and turn on Host only. Seems like ok so far,  i will turn on Satellite unit later and see how it goes

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7