× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

need stand for rb550yv2

tish99
Aspirant

need stand for rb550yv2

I am looking on where to purchase stand for the outdoor satellite rb550yv2.  the boxes and all the photos show a stand where you place the device on a table, however mine only came wit the ability to hang. please advise.  super annoyed with the advertizement if that is not avaialble.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: need stand for rb550yv2

The product data sheet shows a stand included with it. 

Mine had it. 

Not sure why yours didn't. If it was a recent purchase, I'd exchange it where you bought it. maybe you got a returned item or one that for some reason it got missed. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

The product data sheet shows a stand included with it. 

Mine had it. 

Not sure why yours didn't. If it was a recent purchase, I'd exchange it where you bought it. maybe you got a returned item or one that for some reason it got missed. 

Message 2 of 5
schumaku
Guru

The early RBS50Y v1 version (RBS50Y-100xxx) did not came with the stand (see also the Data Sheet RBS50Y).

What’s In the Box?
• One (1) Orbi Outdoor Satellite (RBS50Y)
• One (1) 12V/2.5A power adapter
• One (1) wall mount, bracket and screws
• Quick start guide

The newer RBS50Yv2 hardware version (RBS50Y-200xxx) does (see the Data Sheet RBS50Yv2) states

What’s In the Box?
• One (1) Orbi Outdoor Mesh Extender (RBS50Yv2)
• One (1) 12V/2.5A power adapter
• One (1) wall mount, bracket and screws
• One (1) tabletop stand
• Quick start guide

What makes the confusion complete is the current https://www.netgear.com/orbi/rbs50y.aspx Web page showing the device with a tabletop stand on images, and on the Tech Specs section it does show v2 - but no tabletop stand.

One (1) Orbi Outdoor Satellite (RBS50Yv2)
One (1) Wall mount, bracket and screws
One (1) 12V/2.5A power adapterQuick start guide

In my understanding, the Data Sheet is part of the sales contract - and I hope the confusion is caused by a lazy Web page update from the v1 to the v2 describing the RBS50Yv2...

@YeZ please (as the outdoor unit can work with the Orbi Pro firmware version). 
Message 3 of 5
tish99
Aspirant

The package was new and unopened.  I dont want to have to return what I have, I just want to buy a stand.  I called sales at netgear today and they were not helpful.  they just told me they dont have them, they are out of stock and i cannot get one as an add on.  does someone have one I can buy?  I have the current one and they dont include it anymore - probably to save money, but then why show it on a picture. 

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Might check places like Amazon to see if there are any available after market. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7