Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: "Authentication Error Occurred" RBR50 Orbi AC3000

Shish
Aspirant

"Authentication Error Occurred" RBR50 Orbi AC3000

I always get an "Authentication Error Occured" when I walk out into the garage with my Samsung Galaxy S6 phone and then reenter the house. It never automatically reconnects. The only way it will reconnect is if I turn the phone wi-fi off and then back on. No problem with that. 

I actually have the phone's wi-fi connected when I am in the garage or outside, but it's not until I'm in the center of the house that the error occurs every time.

I have the latest update for the router, have rebooted several times, and have searched for answers on Netgear's website, but cannot find a solution.

Also, my wife's iPhone does not have this problem.

Hopefully, someone who has had this problem and solved it can please tell me how to fix it. 

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 9
nicholb
Luminary

Have you tried having the phone "forget" the network connection and then adding it back in?

Message 2 of 9
Shish
Aspirant

Yes I have tried that several times. Forgot the wi-fi network, powered down the phone &brought it back up, discovered the network again and the the same error occurs. I never lose the network, but I do get the error.

Message 3 of 9
nicholb
Luminary

Are there any special characters or spaces in the WiFi password? If so the phone could be having trouble with those. 

Message 4 of 9
Shish
Aspirant

No special characters. It does authenticate, but once I get the error, it will not come back unless I turn wi-fi off and on

back on.

Message 5 of 9
sgontram
Aspirant

I take it you've had no luck finding an answer.  I have been having the same issue, but seemingly worse.  My s6 will not stay connected to the Orbi wifi system at all. I have tried forgetting the network and signing back on, reboots of both phone and wifi, and searching for updates.  My wife's iphone, my computer, our smart tv's, etc, ALL work perfectly with the Orbi system, but the Samsung Galaxy will not.

It is extremely frustrating, and I am actually contemplating trading in for an iPhone at this point. If there are any further tips on how to solve this issue, it would be very much appreciated.

Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW version are you using on the Orbi system?

Try disabling the following, Beamforming, MIMO, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and 20/40 Coexistence and see if anything different happens.

Also set manual channel 1,6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5ghz.

@sgontram wrote:

I take it you've had no luck finding an answer.  I have been having the same issue, but seemingly worse.  My s6 will not stay connected to the Orbi wifi system at all. I have tried forgetting the network and signing back on, reboots of both phone and wifi, and searching for updates.  My wife's iphone, my computer, our smart tv's, etc, ALL work perfectly with the Orbi system, but the Samsung Galaxy will not.

It is extremely frustrating, and I am actually contemplating trading in for an iPhone at this point. If there are any further tips on how to solve this issue, it would be very much appreciated.

Message 7 of 9
Shish
Aspirant

The problem is definitely in the Galaxy S6. I eventually traded in the S6 for a Galaxy S9+.

Apparently Samsung has dragged their feet on fixing the problem. I have not had one authentication error with the Galaxy S9+.

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok. Reminds me of seeing a similar issue with older Samsung devices as well with other Mfr routers. Glad the new phone is working well.

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7