Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

rbr50,IP addresses are not displayed correctly.

Wimp
Aspirant

rbr50,IP addresses are not displayed correctly.

Hello,
I own an ORBI RBR50 and use the atelite RBS50. I am using the latest firmware listed. Despite the use of the latest software 2.5.116, the IP addresses are not displayed correctly. I see fewer devices than connected. Is this a known problem and can it be solved.

best regards,
Wim Panneman 

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: rbr50,IP addresses are not displayed correctly.

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

Does this happen in different browsers? 

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: rbr50,IP addresses are not displayed correctly.

@Wimp wrote:

I own an ORBI RBR50 and use the atelite RBS50. I am using the latest firmware listed. Despite the use of the latest software 2.5.116, the IP addresses are not displayed correctly. I see fewer devices than connected. Is this a known problem and can it be solved.

Assuming this is two separate problems,

• In what manner are IIP addresses not displayed correctly?
    They are "impossible", such as not being four sets of digits (192.168.1.5, for example)?
    They are not the actual IP address of devices?  (not the IP address that the device itself reports)
    Is this on the Orbi "App" or the Orbi web interface "Attached Devices" page?
  • Orbi reports devices as being "connected" for a certain period after the last time it saw data passing to/from the device.
    My Nest thermostat, for example, has a habit of "disappearing" when the Nest app is closed on my smartphone.
    As far as I know, the Orbi does not "search" continuously for devices. No data = no connection.
    An interesting experiment is to have a device connected to Orbi and appearing on the Attached Devices page and then disconnect it. (I do this with a laptop by "pulling the cord" or powering it off.)
    For several minutes, the device will remain on "Attached Devices" even though it clearly is NOT.
    Then, suddenly, it is gone.

Can you describe the problem a bit more, please?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7