× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

satellite not sinking

Paulk2078
Aspirant

satellite not sinking

I have installed the system however the satellite will not connect despite being next to it, any ideas please. I have rebooted the system and disconnected etc.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 12
vajim
Master

Re: satellite not sinking

@Paulk2078 wrote:

I have installed the system however the satellite will not connect despite being next to it, any ideas please. I have rebooted the system and disconnected etc.

how far is the sat from the router?

rim color?

Message 2 of 12
Paulk2078
Aspirant

They satellites go white pulsing then one goes purple, the other doesn’t do anything g and they are within 1mtr of the router
Message 3 of 12
vajim
Master
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded on the RBR and RBS? THis a new RBS being added? If so, FW maybe out of sync with the RBR. The RBS may need to be manually updated to same version as RBR. 

@Paulk2078 wrote:

Message 5 of 12
Paulk2078
Aspirant

How would I make sure they are all on the same system if I can’t get them to sink.

Thanks
Message 6 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

What you need to do is factory reset the RBS. Wire connect a PC to the 1st satellite. Already have the most current FW version files downloaded on to this PC. 

Wire connect 1 PC to the back of the RBS. Factory reset the RBS, wait about 5 minutes. The PC will get a IP address from the satellite. The RBS will be 192.168.1.250. Use this IP address in a web browser to log in to the satellites web page. Log in as admin and password. Use the satellites web page FW update feature to select the FW update file that was unpacked from the .zip file. Then factory reset and then re-sync the satellites to the RBR

Message 7 of 12
Paulk2078
Aspirant

Will the router need to be connected to the internet or just powered up ?
Thank you
Message 8 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Just powered up. IF you already have FW files, on a local wired PC, the RBR and RBS don't need to fully connected to the internet. 

Message 9 of 12
Paulk2078
Aspirant

Sorry what are FW files
Message 10 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Firmware files that need to be downloaded from NG download site and unpacked and then applied using the RBS web page:

https://www.netgear.com/support/

Type in the model # if our system and proceed from there. 

Message 11 of 12
vajim
Master

Firmware files that need to be downloaded from NG download site and unpacked and then applied using the RBS web page:

https://www.netgear.com/support/

Type in the model # if our system and proceed from there. 

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series