Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: satellite

ScottRWeaver
Tutor

satellite

I have an Orbi RBR50 with an RBS50 Satellite, when I started using the system a month an half ago, the RBR50 reconized the RBS50 on it's status page. Now though, it says I have 0 Satellites. I restarted the RBS50, It started fine, with a blue status ring, The RBS50 shows on the network and when I connect to it Web Page it says "Your Orbi Satellite connection is up and running". But the RBR50 pages still list 0 Satellites, and if I look at the "Connected Devices" tab on the sateliite, it has 0 devices, what is going on?

RBR50 Firmware - V1.12.0.18

RBS50 Firmware - V1.11.0.20

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Landerx
Apprentice

@ScottRWeaver wrote:

I have an Orbi RBR50 with an RBS50 Satellite, when I started using the system a month an half ago, the RBR50 reconized the RBS50 on it's status page. Now though, it says I have 0 Satellites. I restarted the RBS50, It started fine, with a blue status ring, The RBS50 shows on the network and when I connect to it Web Page it says "Your Orbi Satellite connection is up and running". But the RBR50 pages still list 0 Satellites, and if I look at the "Connected Devices" tab on the sateliite, it has 0 devices, what is going on?

You need to manually download and update the Satellite's firmware.  They need to be the same and then you can follow the process to have the two connect back together again.  This should solve your issues.  And during the connection make sure that the satellite is not too far away from the main unit.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
Landerx
Apprentice

@ScottRWeaver wrote:

You need to manually download and update the Satellite's firmware.  They need to be the same and then you can follow the process to have the two connect back together again.  This should solve your issues.  And during the connection make sure that the satellite is not too far away from the main unit.

Message 2 of 4
ScottRWeaver
Tutor

Trying to downgrade the RBR50 as recommended, on the Manual page for the firmware and trying to upload 

RBR50 (Orbi Router) Firmware Version 1.11.0.20 to the router, but just hangs with Please wait a moment...

Message 3 of 4
ScottRWeaver
Tutor

Was finally able to upload older version of Firmware. Things are now working

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements