Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

unknown host ngxcld.com causing Netgear Orbi kept showing magenta indicator

Patrick-Gowers
Aspirant

unknown host ngxcld.com causing Netgear Orbi kept showing magenta indicator

To Netgear support engineers, 

Can you please help to check the DNS settings of ngxcld.com. 

My understanding is that Orbi timely accesses this ngxcld.com to check its Internet connectivity. Starting from yesterday, my Netgear Orbi kept showing magenta indicator while the Internet access just worked fine. 

After a quick debugging, root caused that ngxcld.com cannot find the host server, which indicates that the ngxcld.com DNS service might be down or there's wrong DNS setting. I used ping tool and checked such issue may also apply to other country.

Please help to check. 

thx, 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
microchip8
Master

Re: unknown host ngxcld.com causing Netgear Orbi kept showing magenta indicator

This is not the place to talk to "engineers". It's a community forum where the public helps each others out. We're not affiliated with NETGEAR in any way.

Message 2 of 4
Patrick-Gowers
Aspirant

Ah,,, my bad taking this to the wrong place...

where would be a good place to report such issue? maybe I should mail Netgear tech support?

BTW, do you observe same issue on your side? Can you help to test the ping connection to ngxcld.com?

Message 3 of 4
microchip8
Master

You can contact support and ask if the hostname/server is down. I'm not able to ping it either so it's something on their side

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7