Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

960 and Fios TV One setup issues

Tajee
Aspirant

960 and Fios TV One setup issues

I setup the Orbi 960 and have added all my devices fairly easily until it came to the Fios TV One setup. I have the main Fios One box setup via coax which is fine and is working correctly. When it comes to the mini I can’t get it setup via Ethernet or wirelessly on my Orbi network. The only way to get it running is to go into the Fios Quantum router and turn back on the 5GHz. I was told to turn off the 2.5 & 5GHz on the Quantum so it wouldn’t interfere with the Orbi wireless. I’ve attempted to set up the mini via straight Ethernet but no luck at all with that option. Is having the 5GHz turned on a bad idea ruining along the Orbi Wi-Fi The only item I have signed onto the 5GHz is that Fios One mini box.
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: 960 and Fios TV One setup issues

Something to as your ISP about. they may have some requirements for there equipment. 

Message 2 of 4
Tajee
Aspirant

So looks like I will have to keep the 5GHz side of the Fios router on for the Fios One mini streaming box to operate. Was told the mini looks for a hidden channel from the Fios router to connect to. I have turned it on and have set up the FiOS box correctly.

My question is will there be a conflict with having the 5GHz on the FiOS router and the 5 GHz on the Orbi running at the same time? I have named them separately in my Wi-Fi settings.
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Try to keep the 5Ghz channels far apart on the FIOS router and on the RBR. 

Try using channel 40 on the RBR and 48 or something higher on the FIOS router. 

Also distances between the FIOS router and RBR or RBS should be far apart as well. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7