Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: A RBS750 satellite is connected 2 another RBS750 satellite instead of the RBR750 router via wifi

ant
Prodigy
Prodigy

A RBS750 satellite is connected 2 another RBS750 satellite instead of the RBR750 router via wifi...

Hello.

One of my RBS750 satellites is currently connected to another RBS750 satellite instead of the RBR750 router via wifi. Both are currently at 5 GHz. Satellite to satellite has a good backhaul status, but satellite to router shows a poor backhaul status. 😕 Firmwares are at v4.6.8.2. Is this normal? If not, then how can I make that one satellite go to the router?

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. 🙂

Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: A RBS750 satellite is connected 2 another RBS750 satellite instead of the RBR750 router via wifi

What is the layout of the RBS is relation to the RBR? Out in a line from each other in line, piggy backing, or in a star formation out from the RBR? 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Is the system working as is? If so, you'd be ok to let it run like this...The RBR could be getting results from the farther RBS and reporting it being poor rather then being GOOD since the connection maybe GOOD between the two RBSs. 

Message 2 of 7
ant
Prodigy
Prodigy

Yeah, it's mostly works. Once in a while disconnected. I was curious why it was like that. House is huge one floor, long shape, and almost 4K sq. ft.

Message 3 of 7
ant
Prodigy
Prodigy

I moved the satellite and now it connects to the router even though its backhaul is weak. Is there a way to force their backhauls to use 2.4 Ghz for the greater distances?

Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

It's all automatic.

Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

@ant wrote:

I moved the satellite and now it connects to the router even though its backhaul is weak. Is there a way to force their backhauls to use 2.4 Ghz for the greater distances?

You don't want it to use the 2.4ghz backhaul. 2.4ghz is very slow even in close range and sensitive to interference. A  weak 5ghz signal is still going to be faster and have less interference than a 2.4ghz one. 

Message 6 of 7
ant
Prodigy
Prodigy

@plemans wrote:

@ant wrote:

You don't want it to use the 2.4ghz backhaul. 2.4ghz is very slow even in close range and sensitive to interference. A  weak 5ghz signal is still going to be faster and have less interference than a 2.4ghz one. 

Thanks. These days, I see weak. I don't see it as good anymore. Once in a while, it's disconnected. 😕

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7