Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ADT Pulse Connected with Modem CM2000 and Orbi RMK853

dmelideo
Initiate

ADT Pulse Connected with Modem CM2000 and Orbi RMK853

Hello,

I just installed a NG CM2000 modem which only has one port. I also have ADT Pulse whcih needs to connect directly to the modem and can't go thru a router, therefore I need to place a switch between the CM2000 and Orbi Router. Will the switch affect my overall speed? My plans would be to buy a NG unmanaged 5 port 1G switch, nothing fancy. I have 1G service. If performance could be impacted, can you suggest an alternate switch or solution? I know getting rid of Pulse is an option. 

Appreciate your help.

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ADT Pulse Connected with Modem CM2000 and Orbi RMK853

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

I would try connecting this ADT device to the RBR and use the RBRs DMZ for this one device. 

or return the CM2000 modem and get in to a CM1100 or 1200 modem with additional WAN ports. 

Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ADT Pulse Connected with Modem CM2000 and Orbi RMK853

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

I would try connecting this ADT device to the RBR and use the RBRs DMZ for this one device. 

or return the CM2000 modem and get in to a CM1100 or 1200 modem with additional WAN ports. 

Thank you.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7