Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AX series Wifi 6 Router does not send data to wired printer

Wisconsinguy
Follower

AX series Wifi 6 Router does not send data to wired printer

Hello

Set up:

Working all wifi and ethrnet through Orbi router on passthrough from my ATT wb210 router.  I turned off teh wifi on the att and am running teh modem passthrough to my new netgear router.

My netgear ax5700 (RBK842) recognizes in the app my older HP2420 printer that is hooked up via ethernet cable.

When trying to print on my network, it keeps stating that it is not able to communicate with the printer.

It appears that my signical from my computer indicating teh need to print is not reaching teh printer itself.

Two questions:

1. is there a setting i need to make

2. Is there an adapter i can purchase that converts this wired printer to wireless and then hook up teh printer via wireless?

I woudl prefer to go through the network hooked up with the ethernet cable.

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Turning off the wifi on the att device doesn't put it in passthrough mode. And att's passthrough mode is sketchy at best. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ubiquiti/comments/b1x5l6/how_to_properly_configure_the_arris_bgw210_for/

If its not running properly, setup properly, you'd be in a double nat which could cause your issues. 

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

You don't have to anything to the modem at this point. Pass Thru will work fine for the RBR.Just disable the WiFi radios on the Modem. 

Make sure your printer is connected to the Orbi system along with your devices your wanting to print to the printer.

Make sure your drivers are up to date on the PC or laptops for the printer.

Ensure the printer drivers are configured correctly to point the IP address the printer is getting from the Orbi system. 

@Wisconsinguy wrote:

Hello

Set up:

Working all wifi and ethrnet through Orbi router on passthrough from my ATT wb210 router.  I turned off teh wifi on the att and am running teh modem passthrough to my new netgear router.

My netgear ax5700 (RBK842) recognizes in the app my older HP2420 printer that is hooked up via ethernet cable.

When trying to print on my network, it keeps stating that it is not able to communicate with the printer.

It appears that my signical from my computer indicating teh need to print is not reaching teh printer itself.

Two questions:

1. is there a setting i need to make

2. Is there an adapter i can purchase that converts this wired printer to wireless and then hook up teh printer via wireless?

I woudl prefer to go through the network hooked up with the ethernet cable.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7