Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AX1800 RBK353 RBR350 RBS350

SimonVav
Aspirant

AX1800 RBK353 RBR350 RBS350

Hello, I have had this device including 2 satelllites for 2 months and every now and then it gets itself into a factory reset mode and i have to reconfigure the system again. There are no issues with the power or carriage or Internet provider and i have also tried different locations and powerpoints. The current firmware is V4.4.0.10_2.10.63_ Netgear support have no answer as to why this occurs and advise that i might have to downgrade to previous firmware version. Is this a known issue with this hardware and firmmware version and has anybody else experienced this and how have you resolved it? Can anyone assist me or advise me of solution / fix? thank you
Message 1 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: AX1800 RBK353 RBR350 RBS350

Well, there is a newer firmware version, 4.4.1.29.  There's probably no harm in updating the firmware.

https://kb.netgear.com/000065106/RBR350-RBS350-Firmware-Version-4-4-1-29 

Can you please describe more about "gets itself into a factory reset mode"?

i.e. the WiFi SSID that you configured disappears?  Devices cannot connect?  Cannot reach internet?

Message 2 of 8
SimonVav
Aspirant

I see the SSID on my devices but cannot actually connect to internet with any devices. I have seen the 2 satellites flashing white and the ,main router -RBR350 solid white. I leave this for a while but nothing happens. I did a power on off and still the same thing.

I then need to use my app to reconfigure the network and get back online which is a bit painful as it is not an easy solution.

I called Netgear support and they advised i already have the latest firmware upgrade and they advising me if it re-occurs to call them back and manually go back to the previous firmware version. I am not convinced with this proposed solution as it seems to be a guess from their behalf.

Message 3 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

This latest firmware seems to have come on the web site August 9, 2022. (Less than a week ago.)

The Orbi 'app' is not particularly useful when diagnosing problems (because it does not provide access to many MANY settings.) For example, the app can report the public IP address assigned by the Internet Service Provider, but does not show which DNS servers are being used.

There is a world of difference between (a) having no internet connection, and (b) not being able to resolve web addresses into  IP addresses (which is what the Domain Name Service - DNS does).

When you use the app, does it connect to the router, or do you have to get out a paperclip and do a 'Reset'?

Message 4 of 8
SimonVav
Aspirant

No physical reset required. The SSID is available on my phone and i have to disable data from my mobile phone. This allows me to reconfigure again.

I logon to orbinet login and sign in with my admin credentials and then it asks me to configure the network and satellites again. Once this is setup (after about 30 minutes) all is ok again....and then wait for the same thing to happen again which may be in a few days or a couple of weeks.

Message 5 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

Sorry, I was confused by terminology.  i.e.

• Orbi app, which is an app on a phone or tablet, and
  • Orbilogin.net which is a fake URL which is intercepted by Orbi routers to point to the administrative web interface. This uses a web browser, not the 'app'.

I remain puzzled what there is to 'configure'?

Message 6 of 8
SimonVav
Aspirant

Orbi.net login i what Netgear support advise me to type into my phone to re-connect the network. I login with my admin credentials and it asks me basically to use the existing SSID and reset the satellites etc. Basically it needs to pick up again the 2 satellites and set them up along with the main router.

Once  this is completed the actual Orbi application on my mobile phone is operating as per normal where i can see the devices connected to the network etc., check speeds , setup guest network etc.

Message 7 of 8
SimonVav
Aspirant

my concern is why it goes into this white flashing mode on satellites and hard white on the main router. This can sit like this forever if i do not do anything.Only way to fix is to follow these steps to get myself back on the internet.

Just not sure why it does this and if it is a known issue.

There is an option to check for updates in the router settings via the Orbi App on my phone- should i do this to see if it picks up new firmware? I thought Orbi checked for updates automatically?

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7