Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AX4200 QOS for Ringcentral Viop phone

DJ1964
Guide

AX4200 QOS for Ringcentral Viop phone

Hi, I've been using the Orbi for a couple weeks with great results from a bandwith and coverage standpoint.  Today, I wanted to set up my Ringcentral Cisco viop phone for my job, and I've been able to make some of recommended settings happen, ie. ports forwarded, etc, but I wanted to set the phone as "priority 1" from a traffic standpoint.  When I go to QOS setup in the browser menu, all i see is the ability to run a speed test.  what am I missing?  how do I set priorities for certain devices?  Any help would be apprecaited.  

D

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Orbi's QoS is behind the scenes and automatic. Even on Orbi AC. So you'll only see the speed test app listed under QoS.

Unless your having problems, you should be fine with the phone working thru orbi. Most phone IP services don't use much bandwidth unlike video streaming or some gaming services. Voice is a low bandwidth medium. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Orbi's QoS is behind the scenes and automatic. Even on Orbi AC. So you'll only see the speed test app listed under QoS.

Unless your having problems, you should be fine with the phone working thru orbi. Most phone IP services don't use much bandwidth unlike video streaming or some gaming services. Voice is a low bandwidth medium. 

Message 2 of 4
DJ1964
Guide

Roger that....thanks for the help.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors