Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AX6000/RBK852 - does Netgear even use these in real life before releasing them?

rdasketes
Aspirant

AX6000/RBK852 - does Netgear even use these in real life before releasing them?

I love spending $1000 on a system that is so limiting (alledgedly to be easy) and yet more than half of the "smart" devices in the real world cannot leverage 5ghz networks to be connected. 

The Orbi AX6000 system does not support a simple "hey turn off this frequency for a little bit" button. The Enable/Disable 5ghz option doesn't work, my phone literally says it's still using the 5ghz radio band on wifi and none of my devices will find my wifi.

Seems really obvious the technology teams behind these systems are not using these things in real world scenarios. Absolutely frustrating.

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: AX6000/RBK852 - does Netgear even use these in real life before releasing them?

Try turning down the power output of the RBRs wifi radios from 100% to 50% and see if this changes anything. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 2 of 8
rdasketes
Aspirant

Re: AX6000/RBK852 - does Netgear even use these in real life before releasing them?

I appreciate the thoughtful response. I've already changed them down to 25% in the attempt to try and get the 2G network. No dice.:/
Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Disabling of AX mode on 2.4Ghz? 

Message 4 of 8
rdasketes
Aspirant

I didn't think of that one. I'll try it when I get home and report back in. Thanks!
Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 8
rdasketes
Aspirant

Okay, so I had my phone "forget my wifi", turned off my phone, then disabled all AX components, moved 5Ghz down to 25% power for swapping, unplugged my two satellites, rebooted the AX6000 router, turned my phone on, then freshly connected to the wifi and am still on the 5GHZ network. Smiley Mad

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you turn OFF The RBS? Might be connected to 5Ghz there. 

Also you may need to walk away from the RBR to a distance to where the mobile device can no longer connect to the 5Ghz signal and change over to the 2.4Ghz signal...Turn off the wifi radio on the mobile device then back on to keep checking. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7