Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AX6000 - Single iPhone won't save network password each time I return home

Kyle6279
Aspirant

AX6000 - Single iPhone won't save network password each time I return home

I installed the RBK853 (AX6000) and replaced my current router - used the exact same network name and password. All devices in my home connected seamlessly except for my iPhone 12 Pro which I used to setup my Orbi app. 

Every time I leave the house and come home the router wants me to enter my password to connect again. I have reset all network settings on my phone and connected again but I'm still having the same issue. 

I'm getting very frustrated and I'm reluctant to change the network name or password because I have so many devices connected to it. I don't want to update them all if there's a simple fix that I can do. 

Has anyone had this issue that can help me solve it? Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Not ever with any NG router or my Orbi AX system with a iphone 12 max I have. iOS 14.4.1. WPA2 and AES only. 

Are you using any special characters in the SSID name or password on the RBR? 

Forget the SSID name profile on the iphone then reconnect. 

I would refer to Apple support for additional help and information regarding there product. Sounds like a iphone problem if this is the only device having this problem.

Message 2 of 9
Mikey94025
Hero

@Kyle6279 wrote:

I installed the RBK853 (AX6000) and replaced my current router - used the exact same network name and password. All devices in my home connected seamlessly except for my iPhone 12 Pro which I used to setup my Orbi app. 

Every time I leave the house and come home the router wants me to enter my password to connect again. I have reset all network settings on my phone and connected again but I'm still having the same issue. 

How strange.  Please give us the details of your wifi security and your iPhone settings - Maybe we will notice something different:

• Is your Orbi wifi security set to WPA2-PSK [AES]?
  • In the iPhone, after you connect (by entering your wifi password), in the Wi-Fi settings panel when you press the (i) icon next to your wireless network this is what I have (all default, I believe):
    • Auto-Join: Enabled
    • Private Address: Enabled
    • Low Data Mode: Disabled
    • Congfigure IP: Automatic
    • Configure DNS: Automatic
    • Configure Proxy: Off
  • In your iPhone Settings if you pull-down and search for "orbi" and then select the Orbi app do you see:
    • Local Network: Enabled
    • Background App Refresh: Enabled
    • Cellular data Enabled
Message 3 of 9
Kyle6279
Aspirant

Mikey, thanks for responding. 

My WiFi security is set to WPA2-Personal, I don't see an option for WPA2-PSK [AES] on the Orbi app. That's the only difference I see from what you sent below. Everything else matches up. 

Message 4 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Use a web browser and a PC or laptop to log into the RBRs web page under Basic/Wireless settings.

Message 5 of 9
RafS
Apprentice

This is an IOS issue and not  Orbi related.  I have the same problem with my iPhone and iPad.  Forgetting the network and rejoing it, sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.  I have reported this to Apple since I'm in the beta ios firmware rollout and it was fixed for a while but it keeps coming back. 

Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. Hopefully Apple will get this fixed. 

Message 7 of 9
Kyle6279
Aspirant

Thanks guys! I’ll contact Apple
Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know how it turns out. 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors