Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AX6000 system - any way to get all devices to reconnect?

mgdurand1
Luminary

AX6000 system - any way to get all devices to reconnect?

Bought the 3 pack and added a satellite a week later.  The newest satellite has almost no devices connected to it.  I know I cannot force a device to go to a particular satellite but is there nay way to get all the devices to start looking for new connections in the hopes I will get more devices to connect?  I have the newest satellite right next to the wall where my ring doorblee 3+ is outside, but the doorbell keeps ocnnecitng ot the router.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected

Try turning down the power output of the RBRs wifi radios from 100% to 50% and see if this changes anything. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 2 of 4
mgdurand1
Luminary

Thanks for the quick reply.  All sats are at least 30' away from the router.  I went to turn down the radio but found that after I left the system alone for a while the new sat had populated with quite a few devices, so all is well.  Not the ring doorbell of course, but we'll tackle that challenge another day.  Thanks again!

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Good to hear. Hopefully the door bell can get resolved. 

Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7