Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Access my router settings though the default gateway or though the app

SilkyS
Guide

Access my router settings though the default gateway or though the app

I can also not access my router settings though the default gateway or though the app.  Has this been fixed?  I have RBR750

Message 1 of 9
SilkyS
Guide

Hold on I just saw the blurb at the top.  Your telling me they want me to factory reset?  Give me a break get you firmware updates right before you push them out

Message 2 of 9
CrimpOn
Guru

Customers who are desperate to have access and cannot wait another minute have the option to factory reset and reconfigure the router.

Customers who elect to wait will probably have a solution pushed in the next few days.

Some customers have volunteered to have test versions of the repaired firmware pushed to them overnight.  Most are reporting success.

Message 3 of 9
SilkyS
Guide

It's been a week

Message 4 of 9
CrimpOn
Guru

more than a week since that god-awful firmware was pushed out and caused the problem.

only a couple of days since Netgear had new firmware to push overnight.

I can think of many descriptions for this episode, none of which are suitable for "general audiences"

Message 5 of 9
SilkyS
Guide

hopefully it is an easier fix than the Oculus firmware that required me to root the headset to change the time so it would connect to the internet.

Message 6 of 9
SilkyS
Guide

Still no access to my router settings

Message 7 of 9
SilkyS
Guide

I decided to pull the plug on the router to manually reboot it (since I couldn't do it thought the settings).  Finally have access again.  If anyone is still waiting for access try rebooting.

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7