Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Acer chromebook won't connect to wifi

Karen_mckenzie
Follower

Acer chromebook won't connect to wifi

I just purchased and set up the Orbi 6 from Costco.  Everything connected perfectly (screaming fast speed) except for my Acer Chromebook.  It sees the Orbi, but when I try to connect I get this error: "Failed to connect to network ORBIXX: Unrecognized error: no-associated."

Help!

Message 1 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Acer chromebook won't connect to wifi

@Karen_mckenzie wrote:

I just purchased and set up the Orbi 6 from Costco.  Everything connected perfectly (screaming fast speed) except for my Acer Chromebook.  It sees the Orbi, but when I try to connect I get this error: "Failed to connect to network ORBIXX: Unrecognized error: no-associated."

Would love to help, but unfortunately you posted in the community forum for the "Original Orbi" from 2016, not the new Orbi AX product.

There is a forum for that product: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax 

You will probably get a more informed response if you post in that forum where participants have the same system.

A Google search turned up a number of posts about similar problems with Chromebooks and WiFi.  Maybe it would be worth checking that the Chrombook does connect to other WiFi networks successfully?  Perhaps there is some way to get a more detailed explanation of the problem?

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

What happens if you disable AX Mode? 

Try setting CTS to 2347 under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

@Karen_mckenzie wrote:

Help!

Message 3 of 5
dtay
Luminary

@Karen_mckenzie wrote:

Help!

Change the CTS setting to 2347.  I had the same issue with the kids' Lenovo Chromebooks that were furnished by their school and it wouldn't connect until I changed the CTS setting to 2347, and the fix below worked.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/Chromebooks-refuse-to-join-Orbi-WiFi-6-network-AX6000/m-p/1...

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@Karen_mckenzie wrote:

Help!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7