Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Adding Z wave with WPS

klp110
Follower

Adding Z wave with WPS

I am having difficulty add Jalsco (Honeywell-zw3104) Z wave dimmer to my network using the WPS to my Orbi RBK853 router/network. I have replaced a previous network and everything worked just fine.  Any suggestions?

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this over in the Orbi AX Forum. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Good Luck. 

Message 2 of 7
schumaku
Guru

Can't find much on this product, but what I see it's a Z-wave dimmer sold under different brands. Either way, I doubt it does connect direct to a Wi-Fi network. Is it possible your old router came with some Z-wave interface or there is a Z-wave gateway/controller in the game? 

Message 3 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

I agree with @schumaku .  The User Manual for this product specifically says it requires a "Z-Wave Controller".  It is not a WiFi device.

https://products.z-wavealliance.org/ProductManual/File?folder=&filename=MarketCertificationFiles/268... 

Message 4 of 7
schumaku
Guru

Yes, that's one source I've checked, too.

Message 5 of 7
Mstrbig
Master

@klp110 wrote:

I am having difficulty add Jalsco (Honeywell-zw3104) Z wave dimmer to my network using the WPS to my Orbi RBK853 router/network. I have replaced a previous network and everything worked just fine.  Any suggestions?

Do you have a Hub setup for the Zwave product?

Message 6 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

@klp110 wrote:

The previous network appears to be the key question.  There are some residential WiFi routers that include Z-Wave and Zigbee. The Orbi does not.

So, exactly which router was installed when "everything worked"?

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7