Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Adding a new Orbi Satellite RBS850

the_witho
Aspirant

Adding a new Orbi Satellite RBS850

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been answered already somewhere but having been struggling to pair a new satellite with existing RBK853 mesh system. I have followed the instructions to pair with Orbi router but it doesn't seem to find it and light on satellite ends up purple. The firmware has been updated on router and existing satellites, and upon checking this is a later version of that on the new satellite so could that be the problem? And if so how do I update the firmware just on the new satellite so it is the same without it being part of the mesh system?

Many thanks.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Adding a new Orbi Satellite RBS850

Try hardwiring the new satellite into the router and syncing it. 

After you sync it, then try disconnecting it and see if it works. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Try hardwiring the new satellite into the router and syncing it. 

After you sync it, then try disconnecting it and see if it works. 

Message 2 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Can you connect the RBS to the back of the RBR via ethernet and see if it will connect and get a IP address that you can input into a browser and log into the RBS web page and update the RBS FW?  I presume the FW on the RBS is not in sync with your current systems FW which it needs to be.

Message 3 of 6
GusTTavo
Aspirant

I was having trouble with my RBR853 system for the past 6 months... several lights on the satellites. Router was always good... tried to repositioned the satellites through out the house with some luck.

System would work for a few days and then lights would start showing up again.

Just last night, when I had both satellites showing the purple light, I had an insight and I changed the channels and voila! As the router did reboot, there were no more lights and the transfer speeds increased!!

So, with any light, as you resynced the whole system after reinstalling it several times with factory reset and the whole nine yards deal, simply change channels and you should be good to go!

Hope this helps!

Stay fluid!

Message 4 of 6
the_witho
Aspirant

Worked, many thanks.

Message 5 of 6
the_witho
Aspirant

Thanks, ethernet sync worked in the end.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7