Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Airplay, Sonos and Orbi RBR750 - UPDATED

folp02
Aspirant

Airplay, Sonos and Orbi RBR750 - UPDATED

Hi there - 

I am having a problem with airplay - not only is it not working, but it is not even showing up as an option since getting the Orbi RBR750. I primarily use Airplay to play music over Sonos through Apple Music. I can use Sonos fine on its own, but it's interface is clumsy and I find it easier to use the Apple Music UI to play music.

My Sonos setup is 1 Amp connected to the router, 1 Play 5 (2nd gen), 1 Playbar and 2 Ones. They are all connected through Sonosnet. Airplay worked fine when I had an Airport Express, but since I switched to Orbi, Airplay has entirely disappeared. Is Airplay something the Orbi would affect? Is anyone else having this problem or have a solution? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike

Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
folp02
Aspirant

Re: Airplay, Sonos and Orbi RBR750 - UPDATED/SOLVED

So the solution was quite simple - unplug all sonos devices, reboot router, bring all devices back online!

Thanks to all!

Cheers,

Mike

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 11

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Airplay, Sonos and Orbi RBR750 - UPDATED

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Is the Orbi SSID name the same as what you had been using on the previous router? 

If you turn OFF Sonos devices and al RBS and just connect the Airplay device to the RBR alone, does it work then? 

Message 2 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 3 of 11
Chuck_M
Mentor

Do you have a SONOS BOOST as part of that architecture (or is a speaker hard wired) to get to SONOS net?

Message 4 of 11
folp02
Aspirant

Hi Furry - 

Thaks for responding 🙂 The firmware is current for the router and the satellites (V3.2.16.6_1.4.4),

the modem is the ARRIS Surfboard SB200 DOCSIS 3.1 and the SSID is different. I'll try your other suggestion later.

Does that help at all?

Thanks!

Mike

Message 5 of 11
folp02
Aspirant

Hi Chuck - 

Thanks for responding! I do not have a Boost, but the Sonos Amp is hard wired to the router to create the SonosNet.

Thanks!

Mike

Message 6 of 11
ekhalil
Master

@folp02 wrote:

Thanks for responding! I do not have a Boost, but the Sonos Amp is hard wired to the router to create the SonosNet.

Apart from the Sonos Amp, is there any other speaker wired to Orbi?

Message 7 of 11
folp02
Aspirant

Nope, only the Amp.

Message 8 of 11
folp02
Aspirant

So the solution was quite simple - unplug all sonos devices, reboot router, bring all devices back online!

Thanks to all!

Cheers,

Mike

Message 9 of 11
Chuck_M
Mentor

Good deal.  Glad it is resolved.

Are you using S1 or S2?

Message 10 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Please mark your thread as Solved by using the Solved button to let others know. 

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7