Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Are there instructions for upgrading the Orbi RBR50 to the RBR750

jeromefong
Aspirant

Are there instructions for upgrading the Orbi RBR50 to the RBR750

Are there instructions for upgrading the Orbi RBR50 to the RBR750?  I have a RBR50 with satellites configured on the Orbi applications.  Since it is slowly dying, I purchased a new RBR750.  Can I installed the RBR750 in the Orbi app while the RBR50 is still running?  Do I need to shut it down first?   I'm not sure how to proceed since I can't find any upgrade instructions anywhere.

thanks

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Are there instructions for upgrading the Orbi RBR50 to the RBR750

I would recommend that you use a wired PC and web broswer to set up the RBR750 first while it's not connected to the ISP modem/ONT. You can set it up and get it configured to similar or using same, most settings, as what the RBS50 uses. Mainly the SSID name and PW. Once you have the RBR750 setup well, power it off. Reboot the ISP Moden or ONT, while it reboots take the WAN cable from the modem/ONT from the RBR50 and connect it to the RBR750 and out it ON. The RBR750 should come online and connect to the ISP Modem/ONT. One the RBR750 is online, power OFF The RBR50. All wireless devices should auto migrate and connect to the RBR750. 

Message 2 of 6
jeromefong
Aspirant

Thanks, that  makes a lot of sense.  What URL to do I use to connect to the RBR750 when it is wired?  Is it http://10.0.0.1/?

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the brand and model# of your ISP modem/ONT? 

192.168.1.1 would be primary however if there is a router in front of the RBR at the modem/ONT that uses 192.168.1.1, then the RBR will change to 10.something...

Message 4 of 6
bullm00n
Luminary

I just recently did an upgrade to from RBRS50 (RBK53) to RBR850 (RBK852) and I just followed the Orbi app instructions for a new install after turning off my RBK53 components.  The instructions are very specific about the order you plug things in and power them up, but I followed it closely and all was fine.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for the feedback. Glad i worked for you. Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@bullm00n wrote:

I just recently did an upgrade to from RBRS50 (RBK53) to RBR850 (RBK852) and I just followed the Orbi app instructions for a new install after turning off my RBK53 components.  The instructions are very specific about the order you plug things in and power them up, but I followed it closely and all was fine.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7