Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Authentication issues rbk753 on formuler z8

CoughlinC4
Aspirant

Authentication issues rbk753 on formuler z8

Hi I have just set up my RBK753 and all devices other than formuler Z8 will connect. I was online with Netgear for an hour + changing settings etc but no joy.
I reset everything got all firmware’s up to date but still no joy.
I then managed to connect z8 via Ethernet to a satellite and it worked... I then disconnected the Ethernet cable and it worked via Wifi connection to satellite... however I don’t want the satellite in that room amd when I turn off the satellite or move it then the z8 loses connection. In addition the and z8 is only 3/4 meters from router so I don’t know why it can’t connect via Wifi directly. Does Anyone know how to resolve and set the correct settings on Orbi or Z8 to remove these authentication issues. I don’t want to disable AX features and I use Wifi6 for phone and work PC.
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Authentication issues rbk753 on formuler z8

I would contact the Mfr of this "Z8" device to see if there is any help and information regarding there product. 

Try disabing AX mode on the RBR. 

Message 2 of 4
CoughlinC4
Aspirant

Thanks I will do.

I don’t really want to turn of AX just for this one device as I don’t want to lose the Wifi 6. Feature.

What’s strange is that it will connect when a satellite is next to it? Which indicates to me it is a proximity issue.

But as mentioned the main Router is only 3 metres away so I would hope that gives enough signal strength to the device?

Does anyone have issues with signal strength of routers or experience with devices connecting better to satellites compared to router?
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Disabling of AX is temporary as a test to see if your device connect better. You can reenable it after testing with it disabled.

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite

Also try turning down the power output of the RBRs wifi radios from 100% to 50% and see if this changes anything. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7