Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Box is labeled RBK852, admin portal reports RBR850

mregoli
Aspirant

Box is labeled RBK852, admin portal reports RBR850

Hi folks, anyone experienced this? The box (from Best Buy) is clearly labeled AX6000/RBK852 (including on the barcode/decal where it reads "RBK852-100NAS") but the admin portal reports "Hardware Version RBR850" under the Advanced > Router Information.

Additionally I'm running the following:

Firmware Version V3.2.15.25_1.3.15
GUI Language Version V3.0.0.45_2.1.30.3

So what model do I have?  Thanks!  —Michael

Message 1 of 5
Chuck_M
Mentor

You have the KIT (RBK) that consists of one satellite (RBS-850) and one router (RBR-850).

The box is right when describing how many "parts" come with it.

Message 2 of 5
mregoli
Aspirant

Thanks for this, but I'm pointing out the different model numbers I guess, not how many parts are in the box. The carton indicates a superior version (albeit only a couple clicks) — router is telling me one version (RBR850) — but the box indicates RBK852. (Gotcha, "K" stands for "kit.") —mr

Message 3 of 5
Chuck_M
Mentor

You may want to go back and carefully read the response again to your concern which explains what the model numbers are that make up the kit you bought.

You have exactly what you paid for and what was advertised on the box.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

The admin web page will just report the model # of the Orbi router so you'll always see RBR850. Same goes for the RBS850 on it's web page. The RBK85# is just a marketing and box marking only. You won't see this on the web pages. 

@mregoli wrote:

Thanks for this, but I'm pointing out the different model numbers I guess, not how many parts are in the box. The carton indicates a superior version (albeit only a couple clicks) — router is telling me one version (RBR850) — but the box indicates RBK852. (Gotcha, "K" stands for "kit.") —mr

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7