Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Buy only Orbi wifi 6 router?

EagleSoaring
Follower

Buy only Orbi wifi 6 router?

Does anyone know where I can buy an AX3200, AX4200, or AX6000 Orbi wifi 6 router without an indoor satellite? What I need is a router and the orbi outdoor satellite to reach far into my property. The router itself will cover my house so I don't need an indoor satellite. I have found where i can buy the outdoor satellite but not where to buy a router by itself with no indoor satellite. Any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Buy only Orbi wifi 6 router?

I do not believe that Netgear sells the AX Orbi routers alone.  A satellite is sort of essential to have a "mesh".

The RBR750 and RBR850 are available on eBay.  I have bought routers on eBay.

The bigger question is why you want an Orbi WiFi 6 router rather than some other model (or brand).

The RBS50Y (a) is not capable of WiFi 6, and (b) does not connect to the Orbi AX routers as an "Orbi satellite".  Only connects as a "WiFi Extender."  It can do that to any brand or model of WiFi router.

I see the point of buying a WiFi 6 router (although I am waiting for the "6E" which has a LOT more frequencies to choose from).

It would be helpful to know your expectations regarding "far into my property."  Distance is not kind to WiFi signals.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Buy only Orbi wifi 6 router?

Be sure to visit the Orbi AX forum as well:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Good Luck

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo