Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can Wifi Mesh 6 Cover 4 Neighboring Homes?

LakeErieGuy
Follower

Can Wifi Mesh 6 Cover 4 Neighboring Homes?

First off - I know this is a total first world problem.  I've got 4 properties that are all neighboring to eachother (beach cottages - each one is about ~1900SQFT / with about 20-30 feet of seperation between them.  Currently I've got 4 cable bills - each one about $65/month.  I've recently upgraded to the Wifi6 Mesh for my primary home and was wondering if it could work for this scenario as well - I'd instantly recoup my hardware investment by downsizing to a single internet bill - even though I'd potentially need to upgrade the bandwidth from 200MBS to 600MBS to cover the # of devices flowing through a single pipe.  Has anyone done this or something similar?

Thanks in advance - 

LakeErieGuy

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Can Wifi Mesh 6 Cover 4 Neighboring Homes?

Any chance you can bury an underground ethernet wire between them? 

Orbi is only recommended for daisy chaining up to 2 devices. 

Potentially you could get them to cover but it's not something we could say "yes, it'll work" as it involves a lot of factors. 

If you can run a wire between all of them and use it as the backhaul, you can add quite a few satellite. 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Can Wifi Mesh 6 Cover 4 Neighboring Homes?

Any progress on this? 

@LakeErieGuy wrote:

First off - I know this is a total first world problem.  I've got 4 properties that are all neighboring to eachother (beach cottages - each one is about ~1900SQFT / with about 20-30 feet of seperation between them.  Currently I've got 4 cable bills - each one about $65/month.  I've recently upgraded to the Wifi6 Mesh for my primary home and was wondering if it could work for this scenario as well - I'd instantly recoup my hardware investment by downsizing to a single internet bill - even though I'd potentially need to upgrade the bandwidth from 200MBS to 600MBS to cover the # of devices flowing through a single pipe.  Has anyone done this or something similar?

Thanks in advance - 

LakeErieGuy

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7