Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't Connect to Orbi RBR850

NeilLaubenthal
Aspirant

Can't Connect to Orbi RBR850

There's a previous discussion from back in May about not being able to connect to the router for management…it's some 650+ posts long and I didn't read them all but apparently there was some sort of forced update to the Orbi which disabled this and also apparently some folks had to do a factory reset to fix it. My orbit is serial and again apparently Netgear can do a remote update to fix this.

Before I go and read all 650 posts…is there another solution to this and/or is a factory reset the only way to restore things? I would rather not do that since I've got a bunch of reserved IPs and other configuration settings I would hate to have to redo.

Tried rebooting everything, direct connect via ethernet cable from my MBP 14, etc before looking here and saw the thread from back in May.

Thanks

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

You can reach out to NG and see if this can resolve your issue. If not, a factory reset will be needed. Other have already posted that this re-gains access to the RBR for more immediate results. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes, you'll need to factory reset the RBR and setup from scratch using a wired PC and web browser. 

Please do not post MAC addresses or product serial numbers in public forums for security reasons. 

Thank you. 

Message 2 of 6
NeilLaubenthal
Aspirant

Some of the posts in the other longer thread had a note about providing serial number to NG to fix the problem so I figured it didn't really matter…it isn't like I really care if somebody knows the serial number on my device since they don't know anything else but that.

Is this NG's official solution to the problem? If it is then it's a pretty lousy solution as whatever configuration we had previously is then gone.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

You can reach out to NG and see if this can resolve your issue. If not, a factory reset will be needed. Other have already posted that this re-gains access to the RBR for more immediate results. 

Message 4 of 6
NeilLaubenthal
Aspirant

Thanks. I'll just have to check all of our other computers to see what IPs they have and then rebuild the reserved address table. I have the procedure from the other post that talked about when to disconnect the cable modem and reconnect it…although it does say PC ethernet but ethernet is ethernet and I set it up with my MacBook Pro before so I'm assuming that still works and I don't actually need a Windows box which is what PC means sometimes.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

After you do that and get the system back up and running be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed in the future.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7