Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't add more than 2 satellite to RBR750 in AP mode and satellite not sync with rbr750

Justbenice
Aspirant

Can't add more than 2 satellite to RBR750 in AP mode and satellite not sync with rbr750

Hello.

I just bought a system with 1 RBR750 and 4 RBS750  .  When i setup this systems, if i using router mode in RBR750 then the system work very fine with the whole four satellite and one router, but it stop working or showing only 2 satellite in the RBR750 dashboard, the another 2 satellite are completely drop backhaul with the RBR750, i tried many ways to add another 2 satellite to the system but no luck at all, i tried to reset rbr750, rbs750 hundress time already Smiley Sad

The reason why i need to using the RBR750 orbi as AP because i have a very good router already, it stronger and better than the rbr750 in manyway, so i want to keep my old router do the route and the RBR750 mesh system do the wifi only.

Anyone can help me? 

PS : Both rbr and rbs750 are in  3.2.18.1 firmware version.

Regards,

JBN

Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Can't add more than 2 satellite to RBR750 in AP mode and satellite not sync with rbr750

What is the Mfr and model# of the host router the RBR router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite

Are you using Dynamic or Static IP addressing for the RBR in AP mode? 

Message 2 of 9
Justbenice
Aspirant

Hi,
My network setup like this :
ISP moderm -> Draytek Vigor 2926
-> Netgear Prosafe Switch 24 port (unmanaged and cheapest one) -> Rbr750 at AP dynamic IP .
I connect 3 of the satellite to the switch by wired and one near the RBR750 with wireless.
I can see all those satellite in RBR750 admin page but it doesn't sync.
And i don't know why the satellite3 is do wireless backhaul instead of wire backhaul .

Sorry for my bad English
Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

To get this working right you need to connect the RBS to the back of the RBR, not in parallel:

https://kb.netgear.com/000051205/What-is-Ethernet-backhaul-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-Sy...

Message 4 of 9
Justbenice
Aspirant

Thank you!
I'v read that topic few times already, but the problem is this network setup were working good with my old Netgear RBK23. And after i upgrade to RBK754 and it did not work any more.
And this kind of network setup also work if i set my RBR750 as Router. It only stop working when i change the RBR750 to AP.
Message 5 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

For router or AP mode, RBS still need to be connected bahind the RBR, no in parallel. 

Message 6 of 9
Justbenice
Aspirant

What a bad idea for this kind of expensive mesh system.
Message 7 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Just put a simple non managed switch behind the RBR and ethernet connect the RBS to this switch. 

Message 8 of 9
Justbenice
Aspirant

Those Cat6 line of my network also carry the iptv signal to my setopbox each room. So it can't connect behind the rbr 😞
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7