Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't get scanner working and some websites won't load

fpena911
Aspirant

Can't get scanner working and some websites won't load

Hi everyone, 

Just purchased and installed an Orbi RBR750 system with two satellites and a Microsoft Surface Laptop using Windows 10. 

The coverage has been great but I'm running into two issues that I can't seem to resolve: 

#1 - I have a Brother MFC-L3770CDW printer that is connecting and printing without incident. But when I try to use the scanner I can only submit the scan from my PC itself. If I try to start the scan from the printer then the device times out. However it works if I use the Brother scanning tool on my PC. 

I tried to create a static IP for it as I read elsewhere that this might be the issue. But it doesn't seem to make a difference. What other steps could I take to make sure that I have full functionality when using this device? It worked perfectly before with both my cable-provider router and my ASUS model too. 

#2 - I've having intermmitent issues accessing many websites and pages while browsing the internet. Even the page prompting me to log into this forum came back with a "Page not found" until it automatically refreshed itself and found the page. This is starting to become a hassle as one of my bank pages didn't load at all yet I could do so if I connect to wireless using my phone as the Wifi service provider instead of the Orbi router. Any ideas on how to fix this one? I even turned off the Netgear Amor thinking maybe it was being a little too agressive. But still no luck in getting that working. 

Thanks in advance for the help!

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Can't get scanner working and some websites won't load

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

@fpena911 wrote:

Hi everyone, 

Just purchased and installed an Orbi RBR750 system with two satellites and a Microsoft Surface Laptop using Windows 10. 

The coverage has been great but I'm running into two issues that I can't seem to resolve: 

#1 - I have a Brother MFC-L3770CDW printer that is connecting and printing without incident. But when I try to use the scanner I can only submit the scan from my PC itself. If I try to start the scan from the printer then the device times out. However it works if I use the Brother scanning tool on my PC. 

I tried to create a static IP for it as I read elsewhere that this might be the issue. But it doesn't seem to make a difference. What other steps could I take to make sure that I have full functionality when using this device? It worked perfectly before with both my cable-provider router and my ASUS model too. 

You'll need to contact the printers mfr for help and support regarding there printer product. 

#2 - I've having intermmitent issues accessing many websites and pages while browsing the internet. Even the page prompting me to log into this forum came back with a "Page not found" until it automatically refreshed itself and found the page. This is starting to become a hassle as one of my bank pages didn't load at all yet I could do so if I connect to wireless using my phone as the Wifi service provider instead of the Orbi router. Any ideas on how to fix this one? I even turned off the Netgear Amor thinking maybe it was being a little too agressive. But still no luck in getting that working. 
After disabling Armor did you power OFF the RBR for 30 seconds then back ON? 

Message 2 of 4
fpena911
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 wrote:

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Firmware on the Orbi is V3.2.18.1_1.4.14.

I'm not sure who actually manufactured my modem but I'm using Spectrum and the model # is ET2251. Just picked it up last week so everything should be updated on it too as we just moved into a new home prompting my purchase of the Orbi system. 

It does appear that after I relocated all of the hardware and in the process powered down everything, the problem with the 404 errors has gone away. 

But I still do have the printer problem. I really don't think asking for Brother's support is going to get me very far considering that it worked before I moved to this router - and it works when the computer initiates the scan, just not when the printer is trying to communicate with the computer. Has anyone seen this before? 

Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya thats something the the printers mfr can help with. IT's there product. If it's not communicating with the PC, something like the IP address has changed and need to be adjusted in the printers drivers. Review the setup process and information regarding the printer. 

Glad you worked out the web site issues. 

Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7